Central New Jersey Sump Pump Installation & Repair
Emergency Sump Pump Services by Experienced Plumbers
Sump pumps help remove excess water from your basement to keep it dry and usable. When it malfunctions, your basement has the potential to flood, which leads to a whole host of more expensive repairs. If you have a faulty sump pump, let the professionals at Bailey Plumbing Heating Cooling get on the repairs as soon as possible.
Why choose Bailey Plumbing Heating Cooling?
- We are available 24/7
- We offer free estimates
- We are licensed and insured
- We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee
For more than 30 years, our family-owned and operated company has helped thousands of customers resolve their plumbing problems and get back to their daily routines. We are proud to maintain a high level of quality work and excellent customer service.
Call (800) 717-1793 for a consultation with an experienced plumber in Central New Jersey.
What Does a Sump Pump Do?
Sump pumps are devices that extract water from your home to prevent flooding. Often located in the basement, it has a sump basin that collects the excess water and a pump that takes it out. A floating switch alerts the pump when the basin is full, prompting the device to remove the water.
The average sump pump lasts about 10 years, depending on how well it’s maintained. At Bailey Plumbing Heating Cooling we offer fast, reliable sump pump repair and installation in Wall Township, Central New Jersey, and surrounding areas.
Why Do You Need a Sump Pump?
Sump pumps are invaluable in places like New Jersey where we have a lot of rain and flooding. They’re meant to keep your basement and crawl space dry, protecting your home from extensive water damage.
Benefits of Having a Sump Pump Include:
- Prevents flooding: As mentioned, the sump pump is a great device if your region is prone to rain or near water. Sump pumps will help prevent your home from flooding, particularly in the basement, where it can be hard to get rid of water. This will save you from extensive damage repairs.
- Limits the growth of mold/mildew: Mold and mildew thrive in damp settings. By preventing water to pool and remain stagnant, a sump pump helps stop mold and mildew from growing. Not only does this help your home, but it can also protect your health.
- Reduces the risk of fires: Flooding can be one of the reasons fires start. When water seeps into electrical wires and units, they can spark and cause fires. By stopping the flooding, a sump pump can help prevent fires in your home.
How Do I Know if I Need Sump Pump Repairs?
Every basement has a waterproofing system. With sump pumps, the water is removed and emptied into your storm drain. If flooding or a power failure occurs, your sump pump could malfunction and not properly drain your basement.
Other signs you may need sump pump repair or replacement:
- Your sump pump cycles on and off
- Your sump pump makes loud noises
- You see rust on the sump pump unit
- Your sump pump begins to cycle longer than necessary
- You see mold or mildew in your basement or smell an odor
- You hear excessively loud noises when the sump pump is on
When it comes to older homes, a sump pump might actually violate its plumbing code. If you are unsure if this is the case for your property, let us investigate the matter for you.
Is It Normal for a Sump Pump to Run Every 3 Minutes?
No, it’s not normal for your sump pump to run every three minutes, especially if there’s not a significant increase in water levels. If your sump pump continuously runs, there might be something wrong.
Some reasons for this include:
- Sump pump and / or liner is too small or too big
- The switches on the sump pump are stuck
- The check valve is broken or missing
- Sump pit is continuously flooding
If you notice something odd with your sump pump, contact our New Jersey plumbers at Bailey Plumbing Heating & Cooling. We offer reliable repairs and replacements to protect your home from water damage and flooding.
How Long Should a Sump Pump Last?
The answer to this question can simply not be accurately determined. The sump pump has an unknown life cycle, much like our sofa, car, or water heater. Nevertheless, the plumbers in Central New Jersey recommend replacing every pump sump after 10 years. Various factors, such as frequency of usage, proper installation, and regular maintenance, can affect the useful life of a pump.
Contact Bailey Plumbing Heating Cooling Today
Our experienced plumbers serve all of Central New Jersey and can service all varieties of sump pumps. You can count on us to provide exceptional services at affordable rates.
Contact us today to get a free cost estimate for our sump pump services in Central New Jersey.
Professional Service- Steve Primont
Great Work- L. Mendez
Simply ... The Best- Peter Mandl
Difficult Job done well!- Gary
Oliver your Technician was Super Professional- Mrs. Carol DeSarno
Licensed & Insured For Your Protection
We Will Get the Job Done Right the First Time
Commercial & Residential Plumbing & HVAC Services
We're Available 24/7 for Emergencies
Same Day Services Available for Your Convenience
Family Owned & Operated for Over 30 Years